We highly recommend using Postman Google Chrome extension when using the Datafiniti API. Postman is a generic but helpful API client and it will make using our API much easier.
Watch the following video or read the instructions below for help with installing Postman.
Getting Started | How to add the Postman extension
To install Postman, follow these steps:
- Using Google Chrome, go to this link to bring up the install page for Postman.
- Click "Add to Chrome" at the top right of this page. This will add Postman to your Chrome browser. You'll see a small globe-like icon appear to the right of your address bar.
Now you want to import your Postman "collection" for the Datafiniti API. A collection is a series of saved API calls that make it easy to pull up an API call within Postman. To add your collection, follow these steps:
- Click on the globe icon to open Postman.
- You should have received your custom Datafiniti API collection from our customer success team by now. If you haven't, just email email@example.com to receive one.
- Click "Collections" at the top left of Postman.
- Click on the icon that looks like a down arrow entering an inbox.
- Insert the link for your custom collection given to you by our customer success team.
You should now see a set of API calls for your Datafiniti account. These API calls should be relevant to your needs.